27 September 2005

Wheat toast's best friend.


Let's talk about orange marmalade for a moment. Is it the nectar of heaven or what? This morning I had some on my live grain wheat toast, and it was simply a party in my mouth. Tiny pieces of orange rind and a buttery, slightly sweet taste...one bite with my eyes closed, and I'm transported to an old farmhouse in the country with sun beaming in through the kitchen windows, fresh eggs in the mixer, and fresh bread on the table. Of course this is a world without calories or carb-consciousness, and of course I have nothing to do all day except bake and make things for people :). Fancy that!

You know, it really is disheartening when you think of all the preservatives and chemicals we put in our bodies, when they were created to eat the natural foods given to us in creation.

No comments: