29 October 2009

Paradise, otherwise known as Bahia Honda State Park.



Is this actually where I was last week at this time?  It feels so surreal.

After we left Key West, mom and I headed up the overseas highway to Marathon Key, to a little hamlet in a cove called Bahia Honda State Park.  Wow.  It's been voted one of the top 5 beaches in the United States.  Can you see why?



I want to go sit on that palm trunk again and remember how the warm air felt on my face.  With the crystal-clear waters filled with silver-y tropical fish, and palm trees arching over the water to form a perfect bench, it seemed like a scene out of The Blue Lagoon.

It felt like it, too.

Even the area around the beach was filled with little treasures, like these adorable sea grasses that look like stars...



During our few hours at Bahia Honda, all we did was wade in the bathtub-temperature waters, swishing our arms back and forth, back and forth.  And wiggle our toes in the soft, white sand.

This was pretty much paradise to me.





2 comments:

The Velvet Trunk said...

Oh girl, that makes my heart almost ache for that. What is it about the ocean? What a blessing it is to get to go but oh how hard it is to come back.... =)

Hugs,
Mel

Charles Rinehart said...

A great blog. Beautiful photos. I've visited Bahia Honda many times and I never get tired of being here. It is just so perfect. All the best.