Well, Shawna tagged me so here we go again :)
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Shouldn't be hard thinking up some more habits/facts/confessions! Hmm...
1. Growing up, I used to sit on my brother's bed while he was away at college (he's almost 10 years older) and study his 1986 high school yearbook for hours, from cover to cover. Talk about odd. I mean, I would literally just sit there and look at their photos and read all the seniors' paragraphs, complete with song lyrics by The Clash and Billy Idol, longing for a feathery hairdo like Rosalinda Russo.
2. I change which side of the bed I sleep on at a moment's notice. My husband never knows where he's going to be sleeping from night to night - will it be by the wall or on the side by the bathroom? I also have this tendency to sleep in the middle of the bed - OK when you're single, not so much when you're married. Steven usually ends up hanging off the side of the bed by the wall and asks me if I need him to grab anything from the closet while he's over there :)
3. I cooked beets for the first time in my life tonight.
4. I subconsciously start to draw kites all over the paper when I'm in a situation where I really want to escape but can't. I realized this recently...and now I recall drawing tons of kites all over the napkins on various airplane flights, church bulletins, and staff meeting minutes. When I'm happy with my surroundings and listening intently, I usually draw flowers.
5. I always brush my teeth the second I wake up, before I eat anything. Steven thinks it's so weird! He doesn't understand why I would clean my teeth and then immediately get them dirty at breakfast - why not brush after breakfast? But I simply cannot eat until I get that overnight taste out of my mouth. Sick.
6. I really want to go to Central or South America. And our friends who just got married are in Costa Rica right now. Ouch.
7. I have injured my back so many times! The first time was when I was about 8 and doing the can-can on the plywood floor while my parents were renovating the kitchen. I did a kick, my foot slipped, and I totally knocked the wind out of myself. All I remember is my dad running over saying, "What the h***!?!" and then me saying breathlessly, "Daddyyyyyyy....." The second time was when I was sledding in a golf course with my friend Jason and we went airborne and then under a parked car. I'm sure there were other times in between, but most recently was falling down the carpeted stairs that led to the garage in our old apartment while carrying a box of Christmas decorations. I was on the phone with my mom and trying to carry a huge box at the same time, and the phone went flying. I honestly thought I wouldn't walk after that one. And I had to get on a plane to India a week later. I've got 3 words for you: Icy Hot Pads.
8. I have a new obsession with Audrey Hepburn movies.
NOW I'M TAGGING: Suz, Michelle, Tara Leigh, Victoria, Amy, and Lori! And you better do it!
Note about my last list of quirks: I would like to proudly announce that after 10 years, I no longer have to heat my eyelash curler with a blowdryer!! Yes, it's true - since I invested in the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, there is no longer a risk of singing my lashes each and every morning! That's a worthy investment if you ask me!